Friday, November 14, 2008

New Review... Nicros

WOOT! We're a year old!!! Thanks to everyone for their supports and advice.. without you're support we'd actually have to work on our full time jobs :)

BUY A SHIRT... THERE'S A BUTTON ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, PIMP US OUT AT YOUR LOCAL GYM :D

REVIEW

Kimberly at Nicros does everything... ev-ery-thing, accounts, orders to shaping! She shaped the Burly Bits, we climbed and set with the Burly Bits, how good are the Burly Bits? Part crimper, part edge.... who knows? We paired with up with Diff-Tex foot chips, the results are here

UPDATES

We took some footage of the first round of the Tour De Bloc bouldering league... here it is, in five parts... we took it down from 3 hrs to 40 something minutes, enjoy. You can also see them on the Tour De Bloc site (here)... yup we've made it to the big leagues :D






WATCH THIS!!!
Carlos Villarreal Kwasek has made a animation short that I think is awesome, that's why it's here on the main page!!

NEWS
Bleaustone.... the GRIT EDGES are finally here, and they're having an offer on fixings (3 for 2) until the end of December! Go and have a look!
climb-it
Do you know how many pairs of climbing shoes I go through every season? Currently it's about 4 or 5, how happy were we to meet Ulric the local Evolv rep?? Very very happy!!
US FLAG







We're going to rocking out with the "Pontas", one of Chris Sharmas signature shoes that you've probably all seen in King Lines. The other shoes are the "Optimus Prime" which are brand new and we've not seen before.... let's face it, if they're good enough for Sharma they're good enough for us!! Click the Evolv logo to go and check out their entire range, we'll report back and tell you have these shoes climb :)

UPDATE ON THE SHOES (WEEK TWO)

Noodles: Me? I have my 5.10's in a zip lock bag!!! They STINK (as in smell).... I use them on anything that needs smearing indoors... the Pontas don't match up i'm sorry to say. But they're good for bouldering thats for sure.... I hate them for edging pure and simple, I'm a toes on guy!!! I for one (and i'm not the only one that hates the rubber)
Chris: I'm loving my Primes, i'm using them mainly for bouldering as that's what they're for, but I have had them on some 5.11's and 12's this week. I'm not having so much trouble on the small holds as Noodles is, but that's because these shoes edge really really well! I'm going to let Noodles borrow them (we're the same size) and see if he gets on better with these

UPDATE ON THE SHOES (WEEK THREE)
Noodles: I'm liking the shoes more and more, I'm still having trouble on small holds, but for bouldering these are just brilliant, heel hooking is a joy (the heel cup is one of the best I've worn), and the rubber is bedding in the more I wear the shoes. I'll have them on some longer routes this week, mainly the route I was having trouble with last week... I'll crank the shoes on tighter and see how the rock
Chris: Yesterday was the first round of the Tour De Bloc and these were the shoes I wore for the comp, I'm still loving them. But I cannot wear them for long ammounts of time :) It seems that Evolv are making some amazing shoes as most people at the comp we're wearing them!

No comments: